- Animal Kingdom
- BoardWalk Area
- Character Meals
- Disney Springs
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Magic Kingdom
- Resort: Counter
- Resort: Table Service
- Celiac Sprue
- Food Allergies
- Low Carb
- Other Special Diets
- --Parks Counter
- --Parks Table Service
- --Resorts Table Service
- --Meet the Authors
of Vegetarian WDW
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - I
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - II
Special Dining Events
- Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian
- Afternoon Tea at Crescent Solarium
- Dine with a Disney
- Fireworks Dessert Party
- My Disney Girl's
Princess Tea Party
Chocolate Mousse Cake
Kringla Bakeri og Cafe
Norway - Epcot
Yield: 14 servings
½ each 10” chocolate sponge cake
1 ounce rock candy syrup
1/8 ounce Triple Sec
28 ounces heavy whipping cream
14 ounces melted chocolate
6 ounces chocolate granache (for top)
4 ounces chocolate shavings
7 ounces heavy whipping cream (for rosettes)
14 each chocolate flowers for garnish
8 ounces semi sweet chocolate
16 ounces heavy cream
10” round cake ring
10” cardboard circle
Method of Preparation:
1. Melt chocolate in a hot water bath.
2. Melt ganache separately in a hot water bath.
3. Whip heavy cream until soft peaks are formed.
4. Do not overmix.
6. Cut sponge cake in half through the thickness.
7. Place cake on top of cardboard, cut side up.
8. Evenly sprinkle rock candy syrup over cake.
9. Place the metal cake ring around cake so that it is centered.
10. Fold melted chocolate into whipped cream.
11. Do not overmix.
12. Place chocolate mousse mixture on next and spread evenly over entire cake.
13. The mousse must be smooth when finished.
14. Chill cake until the mousse has solidified.
15. Pour melted granache over cake.
16. Make a smooth, even layer with a spatula.
17. Before serving, pipe a whipped cream rosette near the outer edge of each slice.
18. Garnish with chocolate flowers that are leaning against the rosette.
19. Cut with a hot knife, cleaning knife after each cut.