by Barbara Bennett
and Brian Bennett
This project includes EK's Blue Floral Paper, a Celebrate a Royal Pair title sticker, and a Cinderella Dancing sticker sheet. Other materials used include yellow, blue, and silver cardstock and silver ribbon.
1. Use a paper trimmer like a Cutterpede by EK Success to trim a piece of blue cardstock to be smaller than the yellow cardstock used as the foundation for the page. Round corners using a corner rounder punch and adhere to the center of the page making sure there is a border on all sides.
2. Tear a piece of Blue Floral Paper, round one corner, again with a corner punch and adhere to the left hand side of the page. When tearing paper for pages, you will want to hold the good piece (the part you're going to use) solidly with one hand and use the other hand to tear toward you. If you are right-handed, you would hold the good part with your left hand and use your right hand to tear toward you. This leaves the best exposed edge on the part of the torn paper that you are going to use.
3. Tie a silver ribbon around the middle of the page. This ribbon does not have to be literally tied around the whole page. It could just go across the front of the page, with a small tail that flips over and gets adhered to the back, unfinished side of the page.
4. Triple mount a photo and place on the page as shown. We've covered matting or mounting photos in previous articles. Triple mounting just refers to using multiple mats of different colors or patterns in graduated sizes on the same photo. This technique can be used to add emphasis to a particular photo in a layout with lots of photos, and is often used when there are only one or two photos being used on a layout.
5. Print journaling from the computer on to Blue Floral Paper. If you do not have a printer that is 12" x 12" compatible, you will have to first cut a piece of the Blue Floral Paper down to 8"x 11". Trim the journaling, leaving an even edge around your words, then round the corners and adhere to silver cardstock. Round the corners of the cardstock and adhere to the upper right hand corner of your layout.
6. The last things to do are to add the Celebrate a Royal Pair title sticker and the Cinderella embellishments as shown.
This project includes EK's Pixie Dust Vellum, Princess Stripes paper, Waves and Bubbles paper, and Ariel Sticker Sheet. Other materials used include blue and white cardstock.
1. Trim Pixie Dust Vellum to be slightly smaller than the blue foundation page, and adhere using an adhesive that is specifically for vellum. If you don't have vellum adhesive, that is ok. Use regular adhesive along the bottom edge only of the pixie dust vellum and stick it to the blue cardstock. In the next step, we'll cover up that adhesive that is showing through right now.
2. Decide how much of your page you want to be covered with the Waves and Bubbles. Cut Waves & Bubbles Paper along the wave design, and adhere to the bottom of the foundation page.
3. Tear a piece of blue cardstock, and adhere it to the upper left corner of the page. You can use adhesive on the edge of this piece to help tack down the Pixie Dust Vellum in the upper left.
4. Enlarge a favorite photo, and create a triple mat using blue cardstock and the Waves & Bubbles Paper.
5. Embellish the photo by adding the Flounder and seaweed stickers to one of the corners of the mat.
6. Print journaling on white cardstock; trim around the journaling block, and create a double mat by adhering it to the Stripes paper and blue cardstock.
7. Cut a thick strip of Stripes paper, and adhere it to the top of the journaling block. To complete the look, adhere "Ariel" sticker and shells for added dimension.
Tips For Success:
How about creating an actual scene on your page layout? Here, the various papers have been cut to simulate the ocean and sky - what a perfect background for the photo and journaling!
Jump in with both feet. Create one or both of these projects, or simply use some of these techniques on your next project. You'll quickly learn and develop your own favorites! Still have questions? You can email us anytime at Guest_Relations@mousememories.com and we'll do our best to help with your project!
Copyright © DWills, All Rights Reserved, 1996-1999
As to Disney artwork/properties: © Disney. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Disney Enterprises, Inc., its subsidiary, affiliated and related companies, as the case may be.
AllEarsNet.com, Allears®.net, All Ears® Newsletter and any other properties owned by RYI Enterprises, LLC
are not affiliated with, authorized or endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with,
The Walt Disney Company, Disney Enterprises, Inc., or any of their affiliates.
Read more ABOUT US or ADVERTISE with us.
For official Disney information, visit http://www.disneyworld.com