The new feature is in addition to the popular Wildlife Express Train and Affection Section.
Walt Disney had a passion for making sure his animators were developing realistic animal characters in his films. To achieve this he would have his animators spend time with the animals they were drawing.
In keeping with Walt’s dedication and tradition, when you visit the brand new Animation Experience at Conservation Station you will have the opportunity to learn how live animals have inspired some of the most iconic characters from The Lion King.
You’ll learn more about some of the animals who call the Animal Kingdom their home while creating a personalized piece of Disney art through an instructor-led animation class.
Some of your favorite characters from The Lion King will be the stars of The Animation Experience, which will start when Rafiki’s Planet Watch reopens. Learn how to draw Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa, Timon, and more. Each session will be different, so Disney encourages you to visit often to complete the collection.
Disney FastPass+ service will be offered for the experience, and you can make those selections starting later today, June 10.
Will you be grabbing a FastPass+ for this new experience? Let us know in the comments!
Don't miss these posts on what's new and what's next at Disney's Animal Kingdom!
- New Dining Experience Coming to Animal Kingdom's Restaurantosaurus
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch to Reopen in Disney's Animal Kingdom this Summer with New Animation Experience
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Premieres Rivers of Light: We Are One and New Tree of Life Awakenings
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Introduces "Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night"
- Photographing Pandora in Portrait Mode at Disney's Animal Kingdom
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!