The entrance area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios‘ has been under construction for some time now, as new bus stops were being added, the tram stop relocated, additional bag screening and security areas added — and of course, a brand new Skyliner Station has been taking shape as well. On our visit to the park today we got to see the completion of some of the work.
The new bag screening and security area is now open. This is to the left of the area that was home to this area before.
However, before we even got to the security area, we saw new signs in the parking lot and wider paths.
The former bus loop is now the parking lot tram drop-off area.
The new bag screening and security check area is much larger than the former one.
The former bag screening and security area is now “under wraps”. We will keep you posted on any changes to this area.
The larger bag screening area, new tram location, and wide paths will hopefully help manage park entry for the crowds anticipated for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opening on August 29.
What do you think of the new entry, keeping in mind that it is still in-progress? Let us know in the comments.
Read more about Disney's Hollywood Studios:
- Hollywood Studios Reveals New Logo During 30th Anniversary Celebration
- New Full-Service Restaurant Coming to Toy Story Land!
- Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Merchandise and Food
- What We Saw When We Visited Disney World’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
- Preview! Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and New Cast Member Costumes at Hollywood Studios
- The genesis of Disney's Hollywood Studios, which turns 30 on May 1
- Opening day attractions at the Disney-MGM Studios: Gone but not forgotten
- 5 Things We Loved About Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy in Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Coming August 29, 2019! to Disney's Hollywood Studios
Subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter! Click below so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!