If you have ever looked down at the bricks at the entrance area of the Magic Kingdom and Transportation and Ticket Center you have probably noticed the bricks are sponsored by guests.
Disney has just announced that work has begun to reconfigure walkways, tram loading and unloading zones, and more around the Magic Kingdom, necessitating the removal of these bricks, collectively known as “Disney’s Walk Around the World.”
The work being done will enhance security, add additional screening stations, metal detectors, and more to help screen guests entering the park in an efficient manner.
The bricks were sold with the commitment to be displayed until 2011. The bricks were not designed to be removed individually, so if you sponsored a brick you can not take your brick home. However, Disney has developed a process for you to purchase a commemorative version between now and Aug. 31, 2019, or while supplies last.
If you sponsored a brick and would like to get a souvenir version, here’s what Disney is offering:
If visiting Disney World in person:
- Stop by City Hall at Magic Kingdom or Guest Relations at Disney Springs to verify your previous brick by sharing the name and hometown of the person who sponsored it.
- After verification, you will be given a one-time use voucher to present by or before Aug. 31, 2019, at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. (at Magic Kingdom – separate theme park admission required) or the Marketplace Co-Op (at Disney Springs), enabling you to purchase one commemorative 6” brick at a special price of $10 (plus tax).
If you need to contact Disney virtually:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-828-2701 with the name and hometown of the person who sponsored the brick.
- After verification, you will be provided a code to use by or before Aug. 31, 2019, on shopDisney.com to purchase one commemorative 6” brick at a special price of $10 (plus tax and shipping) starting this spring.
- Please note, this code is for one-time use and will only be valid on shopDisney.com and may not be redeemed in person or at any other location. (Limit one voucher or code per verified guest.)
- For those who did not participate in the original “Disney’s Walk Around the World” program but would like to purchase a personalized brick, souvenir bricks are available to customize and purchase starting at $29.99 (plus tax and optional shipping). These are on sale now at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. at Magic Kingdom (separate theme park admission required to enter) or the Marketplace Co-Op (at Disney Springs), or later on shopDisney.com starting this spring.
Did you sponsor a brick on the “Walk Around the World”? Let us know in the comments below!
Remember! When you’re in Disney tag us @allearsnet in your photos!
Subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any exciting Disney news!