Disney California Adventure Park is getting ready to celebrate the Lunar New Year! There will be a parade, Lunar New Year marketplaces, special menus, entertainment, arts and crafts, a lucky wishing wall, merchandise, and special decor around the park during the celebration.
The celebration will last 24 days from January 25 – February 17, 2019.
2019 Lunar New Year Celebrations in Disney California Adventure
Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession
This year is the Year of the Pig, and we’ll see the Three Little Pigs (Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical) make a rare appearance in the park! These three will join Goofy, Chip and Dale, and Mulan along with her dragon Mushu for Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession. Joining the Disney characters will be a troupe of Chinese performers, dancers, martial artists, and drummers.
Special Character Meet and Greets
You’ll also be able to find Mulan, Mushu, Pluto, and Mickey and Minnie, in their Lunar New Year best, for meet and greets in Paradise Gardens Park.
Lunar New Year Marketplaces
The Lunar New Year Marketplaces return with two big changes from previous years. There will now be four marketplaces (there were three in the past), and the Sip and Savor pass will be available for this celebration.
2019 Lunar New Year Marketplaces and Menus:
Lucky 8 Lantern
- Crispy Shrimp Fried Rice with Garlic, Bacon and Edamame
- Stir-fried Vegetables & Pineapple with Soy Protein, Steamed Rice and
- Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles
- Mandarin Orange-Green Tea Tart
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Char Siu Pork Bao, Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño
- Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun
- Mango-Pineapple Pastry
- Winter Plum Blossom Gin Mule
Longevity Noodle Co.
- Pan-fried Wheat Noodles with Chicken Meatballs, Cabbage Salad with Apple-Ginger Sauce
- Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame-Garlic Noodles with Cilantro-Cashew
- Sauce and Toasted Peanuts
- Egg Tart
- Orchid Spritz
Red Dragon Spice Traders
- Firecracker Three Cup Chicken with Steamed Rice
- Steamed Short Rib Shumai with Spicy Korean Sauce, Sriacha-Mayonnaise and Cucumber Salad
- Purple Yam Macaron with Crème Fraiche
- Raspberry Lychee Chia Tea
The Sip and Savor Pass is a credential with six tabs, each redeemable for food and beverage offerings (excluding alcohol). The Pass will be $39, including tax, and available for purchase at each of the four Marketplaces, as well as Festival Gifts, Elias & Co., Kingswell Camera Shop, and the Sip & Savor Cart. Disneyland Annual Passholders will receive a reduced price along with a special Passholder lanyard and buttons (at participating marketplaces upon tab redemption).
Special Lunar New Year Menu at Paradise Garden Grill
Lunar New Year Entertainment, Activities, and Decor
You’ll find plenty of entertainment, activities and events around the park during the celebrations including:
- Live Performances
- The Melody of China ensemble will perform classical, folk, and contemporary Chinese music with traditional Chinese musical instruments.
- Vietnamese artist Dat Nguyen will play traditional and original music on classical instruments
- Try your hand at Chinese calligraphy, paper lantern making, and face painting with local artists
- Add your wishes for the new year to the Lucky Wishing Wall
Lanterns will be featured as special decor around the park as well as banners wishing you a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese.
Of course, there will be special commemorative merchandise for this celebration that will include collectible and trading pins, hoodies, t-shirts, and some merchandise from Shanghai Disneyland! The items from Shanghai Disneyland will include Minnie Mouse ears, lantern glow wands, and more!
Will you be in Disneyland during the Lunar New Year Celebrations? Let us know in the comments below!
Remember! When you’re in Disney tag us @allearsnet in your photos!
Want more All Ears content? Be sure to check out our YouTube Channel for reviews, news, information and more!
Subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any exciting Disney news!