Many Disney World guests recognize and remember this pair of hotels for their distinctive buildings. Both resorts were designed by world-renowned architect Michael Graves. Plus, they are topped off with statues of swans and dolphins that grace the Disney skyline.
1. Location, Location, Location — and Transportation
When you walk to Epcot from the Swan or Dolphin you’ll enter the park through International Gateway, which is a little less congested than the main front entrance to the park, so it saves you time as well. When entering through International Gateway you’ll find yourself between the France and United Kingdom pavilions, so if you are going to Epcot for any of their festivals (Festival of the Arts, Flower and Garden, etc.), this is a great point of entry and puts you in the heart of the action.
As a Swan and Dolphin guest you can also take advantage of the Disney FriendShip boat service that transports guests to and from Epcot, Hollywood Studios, the Boardwalk Entertainment and Dining District, the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, and of course, the Swan and Dolphin Resorts.
2. An Amazing Variety of Dining Options
Between the two hotels you can choose from 12 dining locations ranging from Signature Dining to Quick-Service locations. Plus, there are five lounges where you can kick back, enjoy a drink or light bite and relax after a day in the parks.
Signature Dining includes Shula’s Steakhouse, Il Mulino, Kimonos, and celebrity chef Todd English’s bluezoo. The casual location Garden Grove offers a Character Meal every night at dinner and at breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays. The 24-hour Picabu buffeteria in the Dolphin also has a grab-and-go area, while quick service locations include the Java Bar, where you can get your cup of coffee, espresso or latte along with a freshly baked pastry.
Plus, if you’re a AAA member or belong to Disney’s Tables in Wonderland, be sure to ask for a member discount as several of the locations at each resort offer discounts.
3. Discounts You Can’t Always Get at Disney
The Swan and Dolphin offer AAA discounts and packages that you can not get at a Disney resort. In addition, the Swan and Dolphin offer discount programs for Teachers, School Support Staff, and Nurses.
4. Go Ahead — Pamper Yourself at Mandara Spa
Whether you’re looking for a manicure, pedicure, or massage Mandara Spa is ready to help you enjoy your time off and away from home. Services include:
- A variety of massages
- Facials for men and women
- Wraps and Body Polishes
- Asian Bathing Rituals
- Salt Glows
- Manicures and Pedicures
5. Camp Dolphin Child Care Center
If you’re looking for a quiet night, a special dinner, or time in the spa, you can take that time thanks to Camp Dolphin.
Camp Dolphin, which is open nightly from 5 p.m. to midnight., provides hours of nonstop fun for children ages 4 through 12. Camp Dolphin programs are fully supervised and include arts, crafts, movies, board games, video games, and nightly themed activities. The cost is $12 per hour, per child. A kids’ meal from Picabu can be included for an additional $10.
If you enjoy your night off at at Shula’s Steak House, Todd English’s bluezoo or Il Mulino New York Trattoria or treat yourself to a pampering service at Mandara Spa you can receive up to two hours of complimentary time at Camp Dolphin. Simply present your receipt as proof of purchase at time of child pickup. (NOTE: One child admitted for each adult entrée purchased. One child admitted for each purchase of a spa treatment of 75 minutes or more.)
6. Special Events Year-Round Hosted at the Swan and Dolphin
- Catch the big game on the big-screen TV in Shula’s in January,
- Enjoy Valentine’s Day specials in February,
- Indulge in the Easter buffet (with Disney Characters) for Easter in Garden Grove,
- Treat the Moms in your life to a brunch on Mother’s Day at the special Mother’s Day Brunch in Garden Grove,
- Let the Dads in your life dine on steak and lobster at Shula’s on Father’s Day,
- Enjoy food and wine from around the world during the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic in October,
- Give the cooks in your family the day off with Thanksgiving at one of theSwan and Dolphin‘s restaurants,
- Celebrate Christmas in a distinctly Floridian way as Santa and Mrs. Claus vacation at their favorite resorts the whole month of December! Join in the nightly tree lighting in the lobby, carolers, and cookie decorating taking place around the resort. Plus there’s a giant chocolate display every year! Then
- Ring in the new year in style at Shula’s or Todd English’s bluezoo!
7. Pools, Mini Golf, Grottos, Paddle Boats, Tennis Courts… and so many more ways to relax and have fun!
The Swan and Dolphin feature five heated pools plus whirlpools, fountains, waterfalls, and a white sand beach.
- Grotto Pool with Waterfalls and Water Slide
- Two Lap Pools (one was was recently named #1 of 10 hotel lap pools in the country by AthleticMindedTraveler.com)
- Spring Pool
- Kiddie Pool
- Four Whirlpools
- Water Volleyball
- Watercraft Rentals
- White Sand Beach
- Beach Volleyball
- Beachside Playground
- Basketball Hoops
- Tennis Courts
- and more
Plus, Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf is located across the street from the resorts.
8. Special Disney Benefits
- Booking FastPass+ Selections 60 days in advance of your trip
- Extra Magic Hours in the parks
- Free Transportation (remember the FriendShips and Disney Buses in #1 above)
- On-Site Disney Cast Members in the Disney Planning Center can help you get the most out of your vacation
- Character Dining (see the Garden Grove in #2 above)
- Advance Tee Times at Disney Golf Courses
- Free package delivery to the resort for purchases made in the parks
- Free parking at Disney Parks
9. Enjoy a Newly Renovated Lobby and Resort Rooms
The Dolphin hotel just completed a renovation of its lobby, with the Swan lobby renovation underway. In addition, the rooms at both hotels were refurbished over the last few years.
Remember! When you’re in Disney tag us @allearsnet in your photos!
Want more AllEars.Net content? Be sure to check out our YouTube Channel for reviews, news, information and more!
Subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any exciting Disney news!