Disney fans on social media channels have been taking note for several weeks as excited tweets and posts reveal those who had been given coveted spots on the 2015 Disney Parks Moms Panel. This week, however, The Walt Disney Company has officially revealed the full panel. Plus, there are some new aspects to the services the panel will provide.
Competition for a spot on the Disney Parks Moms Panel is intense — thousands apply each year and only 22 new members were chosen this year. But as the panel’s creator, Walt Disney World Director of Social Media Leanne O’Reagan, wrote on the Disney Parks Blog: “The most recent panelists to join the team include several who have applied every year, a few who applied for the very first time, and those in between. Dreams really can come true.”
The Disney Parks Moms Panel has evolved from its inception in 2008, but its goal remains the same: to provide vacation-planning advice from adults in families that are interested in and knowledgeable about the Disney properties. The Disney Parks Moms Panelists not only help plan magical vacations for guests heading to Walt Disney World, but they also answer questions about Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, runDisney and the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Despite the name, however, panelists are not just limited to those who are mothers — dads and grandparents have been chosen, as well.
The newest 22 members join returning panelists, and a total of 50 participants will be answering written questions to the online forum.
Here are the newest members and their areas of specialization:
– Amy Burch; Melbourne, Fla. (Walt Disney World)
– Ana Fallas; Houston, Texas (Walt Disney World)
– Andrea Updyke.; Raleigh, N.C. (Walt Disney World)
– Anne Bacon; Ankeny, Iowa (Walt Disney World)
– Autumn Bradshaw; Duluth, Ga. (Walt Disney World)
– Brandy Bocchino.; Easley, S.C. (Walt Disney World)
– Camila Muniz da Rosa.; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Walt Disney World)
– Carrie McCurry.; Brentwood, Tenn. (Walt Disney World)
– Crystal Benedict.; Parker, Colo. (Walt Disney World)
– Emily Vanek.; Broomfield, Colo. (Disneyland Resort)
– Gina Donati.; Vila Velha, Brazil (Walt Disney World)
– Heather S.; West Seneca, N.Y. (Walt Disney World)
– Jason Kaplan.; Dunwoody, Ga. (Walt Disney World)
– Kate Melody; Granger, Ind. (Disney Vacation Club)
– Kathy Karalekas; Riverview, Fla. (Walt Disney World)
– Leanne Tomala; Saint Peters, Mo. (Walt Disney World)
– Lynne Chlala; Verdun, Quebec (Walt Disney World)
– Missy M.; Edinburg, Texas (Walt Disney World)
– Rachel Langer; Kenosha, WI. (Walt Disney World)
– Sarah Loyd; Straughn, Ind. (Walt Disney World)
– Susan Pazera; Westhampton Beach, N.Y. (Walt Disney World)
– Tracy Vollmers; Westmont, Ill. (Disney Cruise Line)
The Walt Disney Company also announced two other additions to the panel:
** The Disney Parks Moms Panel adds two new language pages – French and Portuguese – to information already provided in English and Spanish.
** Later this year, the Disney Parks Moms Panel will be optimized for mobile devices, enabling travelers to better plan on the go.
Thos interested in applying for the 2016 panel should check MomsPanelSearch.com in the fall. The search process typically takes place for one week in September.