Jack Spence is on a leave of absence until 2014. This is a reprint of a blog he wrote several years ago. This blog originally ran in 2010 and was accurate at the time of publication.
Disney Quiz 101
I have created another Disney quiz for you — but this time, there are no pictures. I titled it “Disney Quiz 101″ because in my circle of friends, these are easy questions. In other words “Beginning Disney.” So grab a pencil and paper and get ready for twenty questions and one bonus brain-teaser. Tomorrow I’ll post the answers.
Once again, do not send me your answers. This quiz is for your amusement only. No winner will be announced and no prizes awarded.
1. On what day did Disneyland open?
2. What is considered to be the first AudioAnimatronics attraction?
3. The Jungle Cruise was inspired in part by what series of short subject documentaries?
4. What two World Showcase pavilions were not present at Epcot’s opening (October 1, 1982) and were added in later years?
5. What was the first foreign Disney Park to open?
6. What was the first commercially released cartoon to be produced in the full-color three-strip Technicolor process?
7. On what day did Walt Disney World open?
8. What was Walt Disney’s first full-length animated motion picture?
9. Who played Davey Crockett?
10. What was the first attraction to open after Walt Disney’s death?
11. What Disney animated short was the first to be created using the multi-plane camera?
12. What was Walt’s brother Roy’s middle initial?
13. What was the name of the cartoon character that Walt lost the rights to in the spring of 1928?
14. What was Walt’s wife’s first name?
15. What four attractions did Disney design for the New York World’s Fair?
16. What attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was originally planned for Epcot?
17. What did Professor Brainard invent?
18. What Disney movie was the first commercial film released in multi-channel (stereo) sound?
19. What was the first science fiction film produced by Walt Disney Pictures?
20. Where did President Nixon say “I am not a crook?”
Bonus Question. The following movies were set at what fictitious university, The Absent Minded Professor, Son of Flubber, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Now You See Him, Now You Don’t, and The Strongest Man in the World?