KO OLINA, Hawaii – From a rainwater suite to a special spa retreat just for teens, “the gift of water” plays a starring role at Laniwai, a Disney Spa at Aulani.
The Hawaiian word laniwai (lah-nee-vai) means “freshwater heaven,” and the spa lives up to its name with more than 150 treatments, including the only outdoor hydrotherapy garden on the island of Oahu. Also exclusive to Aulani is the Painted Sky youth spa, featuring relaxing treatments created especially for teens.
“Laniwai is a place where everyone will feel special,” says Lucia Rodriguez, spa director. “Teens will enjoy an experience created just for them, and there is a suite just for families. Guests will have many wonderful ways to enjoy Laniwai.”
With 18,000 square feet indoors and 5,000 square feet outdoors, the area includes a 2,000 square-foot Lift Fitness Cardiovascular Center, 15 treatment rooms and a full-service salon for hair, makeup and nail services.
“Laniwai celebrates the Hawaiian connection to nature,” explains Rodriguez. “The design embraces the cultural and even the spiritual significance of anuenue, or rainbows, by combining elegantly reflected light, brilliant color and healing water features.”
- 15 treatment rooms including a couples room and a flex room for treatments for two-plus guests, including families.
- Treatments include body polish, vitality baths, massage, body treatments, facials, outdoor treatments.
- Signature therapies include Lomilomi massage incorporating lomilomi “pressure point” sticks and warm river stones; and Kilikili, including exfoliation and massage with coconut oil under streaming jets of warm waters.
- Signature exfoliations, body cocoons.
- Dressing rooms for men and women include eucalyptus-infused steam, dry sauna and relaxation room. Also a separate space for co-ed relaxation.
Kula Wai Hydrotherapy Garden
- The only outdoor hydrotherapy garden in O’ahu features herbal pools, reflexology path, six rain showers, cold and hot whirlpools. Blend your own body polish.
- Signature treatment Kilikili (meaning “fine gentle rain”), offered in Lilinoe rainwater suite. Includes a body polish followed by Lomilomi massage with coconut oil under warm, gentle rain.
- “Nature’s Soaks,” 25-minute vitality baths infused with flowers, fruits, herbs and oils.
Mikimiki Fitness Center
- Open 24 hours. No charge for resort guests 14 and older.
- Life Fitness cardiovascular and strength training equipment.
- Kinesis machine, free weights.
- Classes including yoga, beach workouts, aquatic exercise, meditation, tai chi.
Painted Sky Teen Spa
- 1,500-square-foot spa for ages 13 and older.
- Includes a yogurt bar, relaxation area, computer station, D.I.Y Iliahi mixology bar (do it yourself) to blend personalized Hawaiian body polishes, perfume and face masques.
- Daily programs and a special teen treatment room for manicures, pedicures, facials and massages.
- Four manicure, four pedicure, two hair stations.
- Make-up for all ages.
- Treatments for youth.